Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Knitting amongst the sheep

Wasn`t it hot on Sunday? And I don`t do hot! DD had decided to go swimming with cousins, so DH offered to take me out.....to his flying field! He promised me a shady tree, a canvas chair and a couple of hours knitting, so with just a backwards glance at the ironing pile, I took him up on his kind offer.
Though I know many of the flyers (he has been with the club over 20 years) and I often go to the other site (mainly to photograph his models as the magazine RCM & E he writes for always want flying shots) I have never been to the site at Headcorn Airfield. So there I sat, surrounded by Model flyers and plenty of sheep (and associated mess - you don`t wear your best white shoes here!) for a very pleasant knit while DH threw ....

this around the sky, in a quite impressive way. It has a 5` wingspan, in case you were wondering how big it is, and is powered by a small internal combustion engine, whose specifications I won`t bore you with, mainly because the details do tend to go in one ear........


Once we had got past the stereotypical questions about what I was knitting (DD`s pale pink bolero) with the relevant answers, ie... no, I`m to old to want to go through that again, and DD is too young ...(do people really think the only things we knit are for babies!)... I had a good old chat and knit, and I`ve nearly finished the back - which is not bad for me in less than a week, though I know it`s no where near up to the speed of most of you.

Only snag was, the ironing fairy must have gone out too, `cos the pile is still sitting where I left it :0(.

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

It's way too hot for ironing anyway - I never iron now that I work from home - well never really did much before tbh!!! I'm a slow knitter too so I think a back in a week is good!!!

Rain said...

Ooooooooooo you can't iron in the heat, that's just wrong.

It sounds like a great place to sit and knit. I have to laugh at other people's perceptions of knitting.