Thursday, August 14, 2008

Don't cry because it's over.....

...smile because it happened

A very appropriate saying for our holiday (spotted on the blackboard outside a pub ) - we had such a great time, I really did not want to come back to reality. We've just come back from a fornight on this

P&O's new ship Ventura

Which was, to put it mildly, wonderful. When I first saw it in Southampton docks my jaw dropped and I wondered how on earth I was going to find my way around without getting lost - I even considered a wristband saying 'if found please return to cabin 503' but in actual fact I didn't get lost, even once - a little disorientated maybe, but lost - no.
I find it so relaxing on a cruise, no worrying about supermarket shopping, cooking, washing up etc, in fact the only problem regarding food is 'shall I chose this, or shall I chose that'. Plenty of time to read and knit (of course) and enjoy the entertainment - though it has to be said that of the 3 ships we have been on this scores lowest on the entertainment/activities/lectures front as there was little to appeal to us, but as far as the cabin went it was the best - and having booked before the ship was even built! we got a fantastic deal and could afford a balcony which was just amazing.

We went down the Med, primarily Spain and Italy where we saw

The leaning tower

The Trevi Fountain

and of course
ate Italian icecream


And one last picture - as DD says it is unusual for me to look so happy in a photo, but then again, sitting on the balcony watching the sea go by, with knitting, ipod and a drink by my side - it just doesn't get much better than this.

6 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time. My hols are delayed this year because of OH's work, and I am green with envy!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

I love the saying, I shall have to remember that one...looks like a great time was had...

Bryony Ramsden said...

Wow! Looks like a fabby time :D I'm quite jealous... ;)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fantastic. you do look happy!

dreamcatcher said...

Looks wonderful!

Love the Titanic cross stitch you showed in the previous post :-)

Joy said...

It looks HUGE! It sounds fabulous, I'm so pleased yo enjoyed it.