Saturday, July 19, 2014

With a little help from my friend

Well it’s one of the hottest days of the year here in South East England and last night we had one of the longest and loudest storms I’ve known which went on for absolutely hours, consequently I’m not feeling very energetic today but I can always find some woolly things to do. 

Hugo and I have found the coolest place in the house, the lounge floor, and he is helping me.


I’m attaching ends to the squares the elderly ladies of our knitting group make and butterflying them so I can soon pack up another lot to send to Knit-a-square.

I don’t mind that they haven’t got the hang of leaving 20” yarn attached, and just leave a very long loose piece with each square, because they are so pleased to be helping. It’s nice to think these 80 and 90 year olds are still busy crocheting for others. 

It takes a while to sort them out and attach them all but I then make magic balls with the leftover pieces and use them to make things for charity too - waste not, want not!


No comments: