Saturday, February 09, 2013

A trip to Canterbury

Last weekend DH headed off on his annual business trip to the Fatherland to the Spielwarenmesse (International Toy Fayre) in Nuremberg and so as usual I found myself something different to do for a trip out.
This year, with no craft fayres on, I decided to visit Canterbury as I went there a couple of years ago with DD for a Uni interview and I've been meaning to go back ever since.

It was a bitterly cold day but I put on my 'silly hat' since I wouldn't be seeing anyone that knew me and headed off on the train.
After a lovely walk along the river

and admiring the old buildings

I headed into town to find somewhere to warm up

Once fortified I had a very nice browse around the shops and finally spent my birthday gift voucher (only had it since October!) on a book because it made me smile

though I am sure I will knit something from it either for charity - or one of the cute little sheep just for me :)

And then it was time to come home, and as always I found a way to keep myself amused on the way back


No comments: