Sunday, April 24, 2011

Little things

I'm in that awkward place at the moment. I have my next project all lined up and ready to go, but I don't want to start it 'til I go away shortly.
With my existing yarny stuff, I'm suffering from SMS (well if you can have Second Sock Syndrome why not Second Mitten Syndrome) and as for the Mystery Crochet Blanket - if I do another crochet mitred square I think I might scream! If I had known what I was taking on I never would have started it, much less bought yarn - yes, I know, me buying yarn from LYS, and at full price even !!! I can't not finish it now, but I hate these squares and there are 16 of them - I'm sure the designer was deranged, or masochistic or just plain misguided if she though 16 of the same, awful, square was a good idea. It should have been finished in time for Christmas, but it's not even going to be done for Easter - oh well.

Anyway, the point of this ramble was to explain why I have been avoiding what I already have on the needles filling my time usefully with small items.

First I made some Flower coasters to catch the drips at work - I still can't find a mug exactly the right size to use with the drinks machine, so when I have to whip it out just before the end I invariably get drips. I made two (in reverse colours) so I can throw one in the wash and still have one to use. After all it's no good using my own mug to save plastic cups and the environment only to work my way through a tree wiping my desk.

And then there is Little Bear, he's been quite unhappy ever since I had him, you see he is definitely a he - you can see it in his face, but he had a very feminine pink and lilac sweatshirt on, and he really didn't like it, so I finally gave in to him and knitted a custom made jumper in blue sock yarn, just to make him happy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that's a much more fitting outfit for him :)

Auntie Noo said...

Oh Gosh yes, without doubt a HE!