Sunday, December 07, 2008

Slowly,slowly, Continent'ly

Having just read



I just had to knit the Baby Blocks blanket that was used for the beginners class in the book, so I grabbed some inherited yarn in a bright colour (this will be for the Baby Pack Project so I think cheerful is better - I love the idea of a little coloured babe wrapped in a bright blanket) and cast on.

Now I have finally got to the stage that I can no longer kid myself that knitting is not affecting the speed at which my RSI is healing, I have a special vertical mouse at work, weekly physio and daily exercises but though improving I have hit a plateau, So.... I have decided rather than give it up completely (even the thought makes me quiver) I am learning to knit continental style to see if that will help - the theory being less repetative movement of the right hand should have an effect. As you can imagine, it is a bit of a challenge after nearly 40 years of english style knitting - but it is coming..... slowly.

(Incidentally the little dots on the blanket aren't dirty marks! they are different coloured slubs, red, yellow and green - but for some reason they will NOT come out on the photo)

I have also finally got around to mounting the little sock decorations on to cards for my 'Lace friends' but managed to seal two of the envelopes before I thought about taking a photo - duh! Still, I was quite please with the result and am already thinking what I will do next year (provided they go down ok, of course!)

3 comments:

Silvia said...

Im certain the blanket will look fab. And your cards look great also. good luck with the continental style knitting. I have knitted like that forever I think

Linda said...

I do hope the continental style knitting helps your RSI. I tried it but didn't get on very well!

Sarah said...

Ooh la la - good luck with that - and I'm sorry to hear about the RSI