Saturday, May 24, 2008

Along the Thames

(Picture heavy courtesy of DD)
As a family we like walking, we also like London, so the other weekend we decided to combine the two, and DD took her camera along to take some different shots of well known places.
We started out by taking a tube to
The Millenium/O2 dome

and then made our way towards
Canary Wharf

It seems strange looking at it like this at the end of a road. We followed the Thames Path most of the time which takes you to
Greenwich Observatory

and through the Greenwich foot tunnel under the Thames which DD did not like one little bit, I have to admit when you are roughly in the middle it does have that damp cold eerie feel. On towards Docklands and
The Traffic Light Tree

I'm glad I was walking not driving - even though it is only for decoration I think if I came upon that in the middle of the roundabout it would throw me completely.
Further on, heading back towards Charing Cross we turned around to see
St Paul's Cathedral

The weather was perfect, warm enough to walk in T-shirts with just enough breeze to make it comfortable and en route we saw or passed so many other sites and things of interest, the Gherkin, the Cutty Sark (or what's left of it), some real Gin Palaces of Yachts in the docks, a Victorian Wooden boat waiting for the lock gate to get out into the thames etc etc, I could have made this the longest post in history, but all good things must come to an end and three tired but happy people made their way back to Kent, and of course DH couldn't resist taking this rather unflattering picture of the best way to pass time on the train.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a grand time - great photos

Linda said...

That looks great, Nice to see you knitting there!

Sarah said...

I've tagged you for a meme if you fancy it - details in my latest post :o)

Silvia said...

Sounds like you had a great day out. Love doing the touristy bit when in london

Hellbelle said...

Cor, I bet your feet hurt!