Sunday, June 10, 2007

Teenagers are so ungrateful!


In amongst Rene`s books, I came across this lovely old one - The Pictorial Guide to Modern Home Knitting - sadly without a date, but judging by the hair dos, everyone I have shown it to suggests the 1940`s.

As DD has been wanting a new bikini, I showed her this picture...


but strangely enough, she didn`t want me to knit her one - even though I offered to let her choose the colour, and though in need of some new under garments, she only laughed when I suggested making her this.....

Honestly, teenagers are so ungrateful these days :-)

5 comments:

Bryony Ramsden said...

Oh come now, what teenage girl could possibly refuse a knitted bikini? :D

Linda said...

I saw that book once in a shop for quite a but of money so didn't buy it, but what a lovely collection of patterns to browse through!

KnitYoga said...

What a very interesting book! Shudders at the thought of knitted bikinis though! :-)

Hellbelle said...

Fantastic! I can't believe she didn't want one ;)

Rain said...

I have the sewing book from the same series, the projects don't get any better in it.

I can believe she doesn't want a knitted bikini. I crocheted one once but frogged it when I realised my nipples poked out. Definitely not a good look.